Arts Education Engagement Officer at Contains Art
View by category
View by county
Image Credit: Contains Art
Deadline Monday 12 March 2018
Salary £150 per day
Hours Contract equivalent to 1 day a week through 2018.
Interview Date 19th March
This new job is part of our work over the next couple of years to really enhance our education offer as we work towards the opening of a substantial new gallery space in the East Quay development in Watchet. It responds to the work we have done over the last four years, and our ambitions in the coming ones. These are set out most clearly in our audience and community development plan, which accompanies this pack, and which explores the direction of travel for the organisation. This post will play an important role in helping to achieve the successful delivery of that plan.
• Contribute to the successful delivery of the audience and community development plan.
• Create an education strategy action plan with CA project managers.
• Deliver audience focused education work related to CA artistic programme.
• Co-create educational programme with at least three local schools and University College Somerset.
• Support external artistic consultation with primary-age children with a view to connecting them to the new proposed gallery.
• Build strong, regular links with our closest primary schools and develop family events aimed to cement links with young children and their families.
• Maximise the impact that CA has on opportunities for public engagement.
• Work together with regional educational networks such as Bridge organisation, RIO, and arts education charity Spaeda, and the InspirED partnership.
• Monitor and evaluate impact of education programme.
• Other duties as may be required by CA Project Managers.
• Professional experience in the arts/education.
• Knowledge and understanding of the arts.
• Knowledge of education/arts engagement landscape.
• Good communication skills.
• Ability to work on own initiative.
• Excellent IT skills.
• Ability to juggle multiple priorities and work to deadlines.
• Based locally
• Experience of education implementation in arts setting and knowledge of regional school programme and priorities
How To Apply
To apply, please email a CV of no more than two sides of A4 and a Cover Letter outlining how you meet the person specification, how your experience relates to the job description and why you want to work with Contains Art. Please also include the names and contact details of 2 referees.
Applications should be marked ‘Arts Education Engagement Officer’ and emailed to Jon Barrett at email@example.com
If you wish to discuss the role you can call Jon Barrett on 07583 368072.
03 Jan 2018
Take A Part and Active Neighbourhoods (Plymouth City Council) have joined together to commission an artist or collective of artists to create, design and install an art piece(s) to aid in the interpretation and enjoyment of Efford Marsh as a community site.
Open call for pecha kucha presentations for artists and organisations working with social practice and VASW bursary opportunity
16 Mar 2018
Take A Part are looking for South-West based artists, curators, producers, educators and arts organisations, who work with social practice to share a pecha kucha at the 2018 Social Making symposium.
14 Feb 2018
Whitleigh Big Local & Whitleigh Arts have joined together to commission an artist or collective of artists to create, design and install up to six park benches to aid and encourage our residents, of all ages and abilities, to add gentle exercise to their daily routine and to enjoy their community surroundings.
12 Mar 2018
What does it mean to be artist-led? Is there an alternative to a globalised gallery system? How do you build your own art world? VASW is offering a travel bursary to attend and report back from Build Your Own Art World
12 Mar 2018
Exeter Cultural Partnership (ECP) is entering a new and exciting phase. It recently secured funding to oversee the delivery of the first distinctive place-based Cultural Strategy in Exeter which will be the priority of the new Steering Group.
14 Mar 2018
Loft 6D have a private studio available for a creative professional from the 1st April. Loft 6D is an artist run, self built studio space in the centre of Bristol.
16 Mar 2018
16 Mar 2018
Every year at Spike Island, hundreds of artists and creative businesses throw open their studio doors and visitors are invited to explore their working environments. Open Studios weekend includes a programme of family friendly activities, tours, events and pop-ups by some of Bristol’s best street food traders.
20 Mar 2018
Bristol City Council Arts Team are looking for an Arts Officer to join our team. The Bristol City Council’s Arts Officers work within the Arts and Events team to support the development and delivery of city-wide Arts.