Assistant to Director, Hauser & Wirth Somerset
View by category
View by county
Image Credit: Piet Oudolf Field, Hauser & Wirth Somerset. Photo: Jason Ingram
Deadline Wednesday 20 December 2017
Salary 20 - 25k, Full-time
Hauser & Wirth is one of the world’s leading contemporary art galleries with locations in Zurich, Gstaad, London, Somerset, New York and Los Angeles. Hauser & Wirth Somerset opened in July 2014 and is a pioneering world-class gallery and multi-purpose arts centre, which acts as a destination for experiencing art, architecture and the remarkable Somerset landscape through new and innovative exhibitions of contemporary art.
We are looking for an Assistant to join our team in Somerset, to work primarily with the Senior Director. This position requires great attention to detail, organisation, discretion and a good understanding of the gallery world. You will be immaculately presented and personable.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Assist the Senior Director with all day-to-day matters including management of diary, organisation of meetings, travel and filing systems
• Liaising with local organisations
• Accounting of credit card charges and expenses
• Updating relevant cost controls
• Coding of invoices
• Liaise with Front Desk as regards to travel and accommodation arrangements for guests
• Assist with the organisation of visitor agendas and arranging hospitality
• Assist with the organisation of events and managing RSVP lists
• Look after visiting guests, including artists and clients
• Assist the Senior Director with the planning, organisation and management of exhibitions, events, installations and other projects
• Attend meetings; where required take records or minutes, process these accordingly and monitor actions taken on decisions made
• Prepare presentation materials
• Assist with the development of content for printed materials
• Manage the library
• Respond to general enquiries
• A minimum of two years experience in a relevant role, preferably in the creative industries.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred
• Superior organisational skills with ability to prioritise and multitask
• Excellent communication, written and problem solving skills
• Ability to work collaboratively and follow instructions
• Ability and confidence to take initiative
• Knowledge of and passion for modern and contemporary art
• Computer proficiency
• Professionalism, discretion and a friendly demeanour are essential
This is a full-time permanent position to include some weekend work.
Please submit your resume and cover letter, including references by email only to: email@example.com
31 Jul 2017
Submissions are now being accepted for Black Swan's prestigious Art Open.
11 Aug 2017
Film London, Arts Council England and The Fenton Arts Trust present the FLAMIN Fellowship, a major new development scheme for England’s early career artist filmmakers.
11 Aug 2017
New Approaches is a development programme supported by Creative Skillset.
21 Aug 2017
The Box, Plymouth (formerly the ‘Plymouth History Centre’) is an exciting large-scale cultural project designed to create a step change in the way Plymouth tells the story of its heritage and histories and that of the regions
04 Oct 2017
01 Nov 2017
Plymouth Arts Centre is inviting artists to apply for a lengthy residency from 20th of November until 18th March 2018 in the Batter Street studio.
20 Nov 2017
Hauser & Wirth Somerset seeks Assistant to Director. This position requires great attention to detail, organisation, discretion and a good understanding of the gallery world. You will be immaculately presented and personable.
29 Nov 2017
Visual Arts South West are very pleased to support FLAM 2018 by offering two £100 bursaries.
06 Dec 2017
Visual Arts South West (VASW) is currently seeking new steering group members to support and steer the direction and development of its programme and Strategic Framework. We are particularly interested in artists, independent arts producers and arts professionals working across all levels of experience in the South West.