Digital Engagement Officer at Contains Art
View by category
View by county
Image Credit: Contains Art
Deadline Monday 12 March 2018
Salary £150 per day
Hours Contract equivalent to 1 day a week through 2018
Interview Date Monday 19th March 2018
This new job is part of our work over the next couple of years to really enhance our digital offer as we work towards the opening of a substantial new gallery space in the East Quay development in Watchet. It responds to the work we have done over the last four years, and our ambitions in the
coming ones. These are set out most clearly in our audience and community development plan, and which explores the direction of travel for the organisation. This post will play an important role in helping to achieve the successful delivery of that plan.
To apply please see the full job description and audience development plan which can be found here: www.containsart.co.uk/joinin.html
• Contribute to the successful delivery of the audience and community development plan.
• Work with and support the curatorial team on any exhibitions or projects that have digital opportunities.
• Create and deliver a digital strategy action plan in collaboration with CA project managers.
• Deliver dedicated digital activities to reach new audiences (especially young people) in different ways.
• Explore online potential for younger audiences built around CA artistic programme.
• Feed into retail strategy.
• Maximise the impact that CA has on opportunities for public engagement through digital sources.
• Integrate digital marketing for our exhibitions and activities using a range of online tools and platforms.
• Update CA’s website regularly.
• Ensure use and hits to website are recorded for evaluation purposes
• Monitor and evaluate overall impact of digital implementation.
• Other duties as may be required by the Project Managers.
• Professional experience in the arts/digital sector.
• Knowledge and understanding of the contemporary arts.
• Knowledge of digital engagement techniques and formats.
• Good communication skills.
• Ability to work on own initiative.
• Excellent IT skills.
• Ability to juggle multiple priorities and work to deadlines.
• Based locally.
• Experience of digital implementation in arts setting.
How To Apply
To apply, please email a CV of no more than two sides of A4 and a Cover Letter outlining how you meet the person specification, how your experience relates to the job description and why you want to work with Contains Art. Please also include the names and contact details of 2 referees.
Applications should be marked ‘Digital Engagement Officer’ and emailed to Jon Barrett at email@example.com.
If you wish to discuss the role you can call Jon Barrett on 07583 368072.
03 Jan 2018
Take A Part and Active Neighbourhoods (Plymouth City Council) have joined together to commission an artist or collective of artists to create, design and install an art piece(s) to aid in the interpretation and enjoyment of Efford Marsh as a community site.
Open call for pecha kucha presentations for artists and organisations working with social practice and VASW bursary opportunity
16 Mar 2018
Take A Part are looking for South-West based artists, curators, producers, educators and arts organisations, who work with social practice to share a pecha kucha at the 2018 Social Making symposium.
14 Feb 2018
Whitleigh Big Local & Whitleigh Arts have joined together to commission an artist or collective of artists to create, design and install up to six park benches to aid and encourage our residents, of all ages and abilities, to add gentle exercise to their daily routine and to enjoy their community surroundings.
12 Mar 2018
What does it mean to be artist-led? Is there an alternative to a globalised gallery system? How do you build your own art world? VASW is offering a travel bursary to attend and report back from Build Your Own Art World
12 Mar 2018
Exeter Cultural Partnership (ECP) is entering a new and exciting phase. It recently secured funding to oversee the delivery of the first distinctive place-based Cultural Strategy in Exeter which will be the priority of the new Steering Group.
14 Mar 2018
Loft 6D have a private studio available for a creative professional from the 1st April. Loft 6D is an artist run, self built studio space in the centre of Bristol.
16 Mar 2018
16 Mar 2018
Every year at Spike Island, hundreds of artists and creative businesses throw open their studio doors and visitors are invited to explore their working environments. Open Studios weekend includes a programme of family friendly activities, tours, events and pop-ups by some of Bristol’s best street food traders.
20 Mar 2018
Bristol City Council Arts Team are looking for an Arts Officer to join our team. The Bristol City Council’s Arts Officers work within the Arts and Events team to support the development and delivery of city-wide Arts.