Mentoring Network 2015 - participants
Image: Alexander Stevenson 'Boar-Headed Rabler', 2013
We are delighted to announce the receipients of our Mentoring programme.
The mentoring network will provide the opportunity to gain mentoring support from an experienced professional over the course of a year. Our mentors will support their mentees through tailored adviisory support to develop their practice and presentation.
We received over 70 applications from some incredibly talented artists, all seeking mentoring from our expert curators and arts directors. The task of matching artists with mentors was quite some feat, but with the support of Jane Sutherland from Creative Skills we are very pleased that the following artists have been selected.
Please click here for more information on the mentors.
1. James Green, Director, Newlyn Art Gallery & The Exchange, Penzance, Cornwall will mentor Stephen Smith (Plymouth)
2. Blair Todd, Deputy Director/ Exhibitions Curator, Newlyn Art Gallery & The Exchange, Penzance, Cornwall will mentor Pineapple Falls (Plymouth)
3. Sam Thorne, Artistic Director, Tate St.Ives, Cornwall will mentor James Parkinson (Bristol)
4. Helen Legg, Director, Spike Island, Bristol will mentor Jenny Dunseath (Bath)
5. Sally Watkins, Curator, b-side Festival, Dorset will mentor Simon Hitchens (Somerset)
6. Caroline Mawdsley, Curator, Plymouth Arts Centre will mentor Emma Saffy Wilson (Cornwall)
7. Helen Davies, Head of Programmes, Arnolfini, Bristol will mentor Letty Clarke (Hampshire)
8. Erica Steer, Director, Devon Guild of Crafts will mentor Carla & Jeremy Bonner (Gloucestershire)
9. Clive Adams, Director, CCNAW will mentor Ann-Margreth Bohl (Gloucestershire)
10. Judith Robinson, Partnerships & Programme Manager, Plymouth Museum & Art Gallery will mentor alldaybreakfast (Bristol)
11. Lindsay Hughes, Visual Arts Producer, ICIA, Bath will mentor Alexander Stevenson (Bristol)
12. Jo Leahy, Director, SVA, Stroud will mentor Cara Lockley (Bristol)
13. Jo Bushnell, Director, Aspex, Portsmouth will mentor Elizabeth Masterton (Cornwall)
14. Stephen Foster, Director, John Hansard Gallery, Southhampton will mentor Anna Pickering (Hampshire)
15. Ros Carter, Head of Exhibitions, John Hansard Gallery, Southhampton will mentor Katy Connor (Bristol)
16. Sarah Chapman, Director, Peninsula Arts, Plymouth will mentor Lisa Wright (Cornwall)
17. Richard Tomlinson, Creative Technologist, Somerset Film will mentor Kate Paxman (Devon)